Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So Close and Yet Still So Far Away

Finally got a chance to do the detail work.  It was a little disconcerting working with the liquid watercolors for the very first time.  I loved the ease of them but I think I may need to find some higher quality ones to get a little better color.

Of course the kit I got for my anniversary didn't even come with white.  Who on earth can paint with no white paint?  I always thought white and black were staple colors used for blending.  Must have been a marketing ploy to get you to buy more paints.

There are a few things I would like to change about how this has turned out.  The eyebrows are not quite even in one small spot, but humans are not perfectly symmetrical either and the difference is close enough to not detract from his beauty.  I would like to have done some much finer lines in the eyebrows and lips.  For once I am perfectly pleased with the eye lines and lashes.  The final blush will tone down the white and black in the lashes and blend them to perfection.  I know this because I have already finished the final blush.

So after this I did the final blush (really loving him right now) added 2 coats of MSC and this morning I applied the first coat of gloss.  Now my problem is that the gloss is some pretty tough stuff and I have never worked with any paint that is not water soluble.  Needless to say I may have ruined my favorite brush.  I did rinse it with pure acetone, but I am not sure if that worked.  Really need to buy some Windsor and Newton brush cleaner.

I have only a little left before I am finished with Kamui.  My next project will be a Dollzone Mini BB Leo that I have decided is female and named Rem Severim.  She will get a dramatic faceup and full body blush including her wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment